A series of informative and entertaining wine dinners will commence on 27th February at Michelin starred restaurant, Tassili.
The series is back after a hugely successful year in 2013, when local wine enthusiasts and connoisseurs were treated to monthly six course menus, created by executive head chef Richard Allen and accompanied by selected wines supplied by event partner, Dunell’s Premier Wines.
In 2014, gastronomes will be treated to a wide range of wines presented over the course of 12 events, each evening focusing specifically on a region or type of wine.
February’s dinner (27th) focuses on the diverse Californian wine region, showcasing a myriad of wine styles from the cool climates of Santa Barbra to the desert-like climate of the Sierra Madre. Other notable dinners will include ‘Spices’ in May (29th), which will include a menu created by Richard Allen that showcases some of the most exciting local and international spices with a collection of unique wines. In June (26th), there will be a special dinner paying homage to the famous Champagne region. Perrier Jouet will returnwith a selection of outstanding sparkling wines.
This year will also see the return of the Wine Master Classes, a succession of four, two hour classroom tutorials led by acclaimed wine experts and followed by dinner in Tasilli. Noteworthy classes include Spain with Frank Massard in May (10th) and Soave with Stefano Inama in June (14th). Stefano will be talking about the history of the Soave region in Northeast Italy and presenting some unique and pioneering wines.
‘The wine dinners are among my favourite events of the year,’ said Eamonn Elliott, general manager at Grand Jersey. ‘After the successes and sell-outs of the last two years, I’m very much looking forward to the 2013 programme. They stimulate great debates, from both experienced wine connoisseurs and those new to the format. This year, the dinners will showcase some amazing and unexpected wines, and take guests on a truly spectacular gastronomic journey around the world.’
For more information or to book, please contact Grand Jersey’s reception team on 01534 722301 or email@example.com.
The full list of dinners and classes is as follows:
- Bordeaux with Mark Savage MV (Saturday March 8th)
- Spain with Frank Massard (Saturday May 10th)
- Soave with Stefano Inama (Saturday June 14th)
- Zoltán Demeter of Tokaj-Hegyalja (Saturday July 12th)
- California (Thursday February 27th)
- Guy Porter of Bellbird Spring, Waipara (Thursday March 20th)
- Beer (Thursday April 24th)
- Spices (Thursday May 29th)
- Champagne (Thursday June 26th)
- Greece (Thursday July 31st)
- Shellfish (Thursday August 28th)
- Swartland (Thursday September 25th)
- Gala Dinner with Iris Ellmann and German Wines (Thursday October 30th)
- Game and Poultry (Thursday November 27th)
- Fortified Wines (Thursday December 11th)