Plans showing proposed improvements to St Aubin Village centre will be available for public viewing at the Parish Hall from 4pm to 7pm on Thursday 24th of October.
Deputy Kevin Lewis, the Minister for Transport and Technical Services (TTS) has been working in association with Steve Pallett, the Connétable of St Brelade to develop plans to improve the road, parking and public areas around St Brelade’s Parish Hall. The plans have been shaped by the responses received by the team following the consultation held in July.
St Aubin Project Board, a community steering group set up and chaired by Connétable Steve Pallett, including representatives from the business and resident communities, have been helping with the design of the proposed improvement.
The changes to the Village Centre have been shaped by the responses to the earlier public consultation and include:
• A 20mph speed limit on the main road through the centre of the Village
• Traffic calming in the Village centre
• Improved layout for the buses and waiting bus passengers
• Granite kerbs and paving to the pedestrian areas
• An improved layout and definition to the car parking and cycle routes around the Parish Hall
The Connétable and the TTS team look forward to showing the proposals and explaining how they meet the previous consultation outcome at the public viewing on 24 October.