Skipton Open Studios 2014 continues at the weekend when artists will be opening the doors of studios and locations in the west of the Island.
Now in its seventh year, Skipton Open Studios 2014 involves more than 50 artists opening their studios or working in historic locations over the weekends of 28 and 29 June and 5 and 6 July. The event is organised by the Jersey Arts Trust and sponsored by Skipton International Limited.
The Managing Director of event sponsor Skipton International, Jim Coupe, said: “Skipton Open Studios got off to a fantastic start last weekend with community art events in the Royal Square and the taster exhibition at CCA Galleries International. Now Islanders have another two great weekends to look forward to as we celebrate the skills of so many talented artists.”
Artists opening studios this weekend, 28 and 29 June from 10 am to 5 pm, include:
- Gabrielle Radiguet in residence at the shepherd’s hut in Judith Quérée’s award-winning garden in St Ouen
- Ian Rolls and Mark Guest at Song of the Sea, Corbière
- Beverley Speck, Lauren Radley, Lisa Le Brocq and Nanette Regan at Lewis’s Tower, and Nicola Lucas at Tour Carrée, in St Ouen’s Bay
- Christine Finn at the Frances Le Sueur Centre, La Mielle de Morville, St Ouen’s Bay
- Gina Socratea, Emma Faull, Jooj Du Quemin and Peter Fancourt at Morel Farm in St Lawrence
- Christine Witham, Adele Dark and Daniel Porter at Grève de Lecq Barracks
- Julia Renault at Communicare
- Alasdair Healy at The Elms, the HQ of the National Trust for Jersey
- Connor Daly, Daniel Robert Weaver and Naomi Renouf at Bellozanne Abbey, Mont à l’Abbé
The Skipton Open Studios exhibition at CCA Galleries International at 10 Hill Street which opened last week and runs until this Friday, is a ‘taster’ for the open studio weekend, featuring works from each of the participating artists.
Skipton Open Studios Project Manager Sasha Gibb said: ‘I am absolutely delighted at the standard and sophistication of the work on show this year. Hanging the work at CCA was a joy and an impressive preview of what’s on offer over the two coming weekends.’
In addition, Island ambassador Arthur Lamy – aka Arthur the Blue Badge Guide – will be encouraging Islanders and visitors to get on their bikes as he takes cycle tours around studios Islandwide over the weekend.