The final events of Skipton Open Studios 2014 take place at the weekend when artists will open the doors of studios and locations in the eastern parishes.
Now in its seventh year, Skipton Open Studios 2014 has involved 57 artists – including four from France – taking part in community art in the Royal Square, a taster exhibition at CCA Galleries International and opening their studios or working in historic locations over the last two weekends. The event is organised by the Jersey Arts Trust and sponsored by Skipton International Limited.
Skipton Open Studios Project Manager Sasha Gibb said: ‘This is a fantastic year for the visual arts in Jersey, with six pieces of work sold from the taster exhibition alone and the final open studios weekend promises further gems in the diverse body of work and experiences on offer.’
Artists opening studios this weekend, 5 and 6 July, from 10 am to 5 pm, include:
- Nick Romeril and Jooj du Quemin at Les Charrières, Bonne Nuit
- Joy Langdon, Kathy Rondel and Kaydia Torrell in Archirondel Tower
- Alex Fitzpatrick-Nash in a yurt in Grouville Coast Road
- Kerry-Jane Warner and Lucie Marie Holt at Sterling Castle Farm
- Matt Falle at Caribbean Stores, Dicq Road
- Rylance Artist Blacksmiths at Rozel
- The Société Jersiaise International Photographer in Residence, Yury Toroptsov, at 7 Pier Road, St Helier
- The Art House Creative Collective at The Shell House, La Folie
- Jersey Mencap at Castle Quay
In addition, Island ambassador Arthur Lamy – aka Arthur the Blue Badge Guide – will be encouraging Islanders and visitors to get on their bikes as he takes cycle tours around selected studios.
The Managing Director of event sponsor Skipton International, Jim Coupe, said: ‘All credit to the Jersey Arts Trust for delivering such as exciting event over three weekends. The standard of work exhibited – and by so many talented Islanders – has been amazing. Jersey can be justifiably proud to have such a variety and depth of artistic talent in the community.’