Parents who have not yet registered for a Reception place in a States primary school for September 2014 need to contact the Education Department this week in order to be considered for their first choice. The deadline for applications is Friday 10 January 2014.
Information on how to register is available from the government website at:
Parents may request up to three schools in order of preference but their first choice might not be available if they apply after the 10 January deadline. If a school is oversubscribed priority will be given to children who:
• have a Special Educational Need and must access a specific school
• have siblings in the school (in classes from Reception to Year 5)
• are living in the primary school catchment area
• are living in the secondary school catchment area
• have siblings in the school (in Year 6)
• have other requests supported by a good educational reason for attending a non-catchment school
If a school is already full, every effort will be made to offer a place at the parents’ second preference.
Primary schools will write to parents in mid-January 2014 to offer places. Parents are asked to inform the school if, at any time, they no longer need the place they have been offered.
To avoid duplication, parents will not be offered a place in a States primary school if they accept a place in a fee-paying school.