As the Regulator for the public bus service, the Minister for Transport and Technical Services is pleased to approve CT Plus’s proposed bus timetables that will be in operation from 2 January 2013, as the first stage in a series of proposed changes towards a vision of a better bus service that meets the needs of Jersey.
Deputy Kevin Lewis, the Minister for Transport and Technical Services, said: “The new bus timetables feature significant enhancements to services for many people. Comments from the public were invited on the proposed schedules, and although many changes were well-received, in some cases feedback from bus users indicated that we had not got it quite right.”
He continued, “I am pleased to announce that Transport and Technical Services has been able to agree adjustments to bus times and routes with CT Plus in response to those comments, and today I am able to announce the timetables that will take effect from 2 January 2013, the first day that the public transport network is being operated by CT Plus Jersey.”
The bus services that have been altered from their original proposals, following public consultation are:
• Introduction of new service 30, so that a service on St Saviour’s Hill and Route de Maufant is maintained at peak times. Buses follow the existing service 3B route, departing from Durrell at 0730 and 0818, and from St Helier at 1640 and 1740, replacing the proposed departures at those times on service 3.
• A change of route for new service 20, which had been proposed to serve Deloraine Road, Rue a la Dame, and the northern part of Grands Vaux. Instead, this service will now proceed via St Saviour’s Parish Hall, Patier Road and Bagatelle Road, and will stop opposite the Victoria Cottage Homes.
• Eastbound buses on service 20 will also call at Library Place after Liberation Station, to provide a town centre drop-off point
• An earlier departure on service 20 from Five Oaks, to replace an existing journey on service 23 which arrives at Liberation Station before 08:00
• A change to the Sunday route of service 13, which will proceed via St Saviour’s Road rather than Mont Millais
• A reduction in the number of ‘express’ journeys on service 15, to increase passenger capacity on the St Aubin Inner Road
All other changes to bus routes and times will be implemented as proposed. The timetable to be introduced in January will be in effect until further notice, but more improvements are expected to be publicised and consulted upon in advance of Easter.