The Minister for Transport and Technical Services is putting forward alterations to bus timetables from 30 September 2012, featuring some revisions which are being incorporated after feedback from passengers.
The winter bus timetable is based on the service operated between October 2011 and May 2012, however it is proposed to incorporate the following changes:
• Service 12: 17:00 journey from St Helier to leave ten minutes later
• Service 4: 07:42 journey from Trinity Church now serves Langley Park and St Saviour’s Hill
• Service 25: Four journeys re-routed to run direct between St John’s Church and Carrefour Selous omitting St Mary’s Church, including an extra Monday-Friday departure from Haute Croix at 07:40 which extends to Grainville School
• Service 25: 14:05 journey from St Helier to leave at 14:45
• Service 3A: A temporary revised route during major roadworks scheduled to take place on Route de la Hougue Bie for approximately four weeks from late October
This timetable will be effective until 31 December 2012. A new bus operating contract commences on 2 January 2013, and from that date a revised timetable will be introduced. Details will be made available later in 2012.
Deputy Kevin Lewis, the Minister for Transport and Technical Services, said: “Passenger feedback is very important when the opportunity to revise the bus timetable becomes available. My aim is to enhance services wherever possible and by incorporating suggestions that have been made over the last few months, I believe that these proposals will be favourably received by passengers.” He continued, “I want to encourage members of the public to contact me over the next two weeks with their views on these proposals.”
A full list of changes to bus services will be published in the Gazette section of the JEP on Friday 24 August. A copy of this public notice can be downloaded from the States of Jersey website at www.gov.je along with details of the proposed timetable. Comments are requested before Friday 7 September 2012.