JT is pleased to announce the launch of a new billing system in response to customer demand, and following significant investment to ensure the company is providing the best possible service and online tools that meet their customers’ lifestyles.
CEO, JT Group Ltd, Graeme Millar said:, ‘In the four years I have been with JT, the most common reason customers have contacted me personally, has been issues relating to their understanding of their bill or the associated charges. The changes we are making to our bill and payments system will simplify and streamline bill payment and bring added benefits, such as the ability to access billing information online in near real time. We are constantly striving to provide the best possible service, and hope that customers will be patient during the transition period.’
Whilst the company is doing everything possible to avoid disruption, such as investing thousands of man hours of preparation and training, as with any change on this scale, there may be some initial impact on customers. However, in order to prepare their customers for the new changes JT’s CEO, Graeme Millar, has written to their customer base to explain what the changes are and to make them aware of the benefits the new system will bring.
The key changes:
• There will be a new clear and simplified bill layout.
• The new system has enabled JT to launch a new online billing portal that will allow customers to better self-serve, 24/7365. The portal will enable users to:
o Save time by raising a query online about products, services or their bill
that will be sent directly through to the contact centre. This system will also mean that customers can track the progress of their query through to completion.
o Pay their bill from the convenience of their own home.
o Always know their bundle usage by tracking use online.
o Provide customers with the ability to track their charges online, in near to real time.
• Additional payment dates will be available for Direct Debit and automated continuous card payments.
• JT has also partnered with Payzone so that customers can pay by cash at their network of pay stations in Parish convenience stores across the island.
• JT will no longer be able to accept payments, or deal with billing queries at the Queen Street store, which will reduce the queue waiting times at the shop for many customers. However, JT has provided a self-service portal where customers can access the online billing system and pay or view their account, and there will be additional staff should customers need any assistance.
• JT announced last December that, in common with many other companies, they would withdraw cheques as a method of payment. This will come into effect when the new billing system is launched. However, JT has ensured there are a variety of convenient payment methods available for everyone and are offering a one-off £10 credit for any customers who move to Direct Debit by the end of 2013.
Customers are advised to contact JT outside of peak times in order to ensure they are served as quickly as possible. Contact centre peak times: 9am-1pm and 9am to 5pm during billing week. Retail shop peak times: 11.30am-2.30pm. JT has already been communicating the changes to community groups in the island.
CEO, JT Group Ltd, Graeme Millar added: ‘Inevitably there will be some additional questions and so we ask customers to please be patient and work with us to ensure the smooth transition to the new billing system. Ultimately this will not only produce a simpler service for our customers, but it will also be more efficient and cut costs which we will be able to pass back to our customers.’