The new bus operator LibertyBus is putting forward alterations to bus timetables from 31 March 2013, as the second stage in a series of proposed changes towards a vision of a better bus service that meets the needs of Jersey.
Most services in the current winter timetable will not be affected by the new schedules, however it is proposed to incorporate several key enhancements.
• Service 15: Adjustments to the timetable including the splitting of peak hour Monday to Friday journeys which will terminate at Liberation Station. This is being proposed in order to improve punctuality. Through journeys from Jersey Airport to Le Marais will be operated during the daytime, in the evening and at weekends.
• Service X12: A new route operating twice daily, to provide fast journeys between the Corbiere, La Moye, Red Houses and Don Farm areas and St Helier via Beaumont Hill.
• Service 20: Alterations to the route to provide a more direct journey between La Pouquelaye and Liberation Station, and the use of St Saviour’s Hill in the eastbound direction to speed up travel times from Liberation Station to Five Oaks.
• Services 1A, 2, 8, and 12: Revised timetables incorporating extra journeys and Sunday services, enhancing the level of service linking bays and tourist attractions to St Helier.
• Services 1 and 9: Revised timetables incorporating additional journeys and hourly Sunday services.
• Minor changes to some other services to help ensure buses run reliably and in response to customer feedback.
This timetable will be in effect until further notice, but more improvements are expected to be publicised in advance of an additional increase in service levels for the peak summer period from late May. Deputy Kevin Lewis, the Minister for Transport and Technical Services, said: “LibertyBus is taking steps to enhance the bus service from the end of March. While there have been some challenges in the early period of operation, with timetable revisions on some routes to improve the reliability of bus services, I am pleased that there have been many positive comments and look forward to further enhancements being announced in advance of the busy summer season.” He continued, “I want to encourage members of the public to contact LibertyBus and my Department over the next two weeks with their views on these proposals.”
A full list of changes to bus services will be published in the Gazette section of the JEP on Thursday 14 February. A copy of this public notice can be downloaded from the States of Jersey website at www.gov.je from 3pm on Thursday 14 February along with details of the proposed timetable. Comments are requested before Friday 1 March.